Hot oil and hot components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or hot components to contact skin.
- Park the machine on level ground. Lower the bucket to the ground so that the stick is vertical.
- Move the hydraulic lockout control to the UNLOCKED position.
- Turn the engine start switch to the ON position.
- Move the joysticks and the travel levers/pedals to the full stroke positions in order to relieve the pressure in the pilot lines.
- Turn the engine start switch to the OFF position and return the lever for the hydraulic lockout control to the LOCKED position.
Illustration 2 g06018334
The hydraulic tank contains hot oil under pressure. To prevent burns from the sudden release of hot oil, relieve the tank pressure with the engine off by slowly turning the cap approximately 1/8 of a turn until the cap reaches the secondary stop.
- Relieve the internal pressure from the hydraulic tank by slowly turning the tank cap approximately 1/8 of a turn until the cap reaches the secondary stop. After the tank pressure is relieved, then push down on the cap and continue turning until the cap can be removed.
- After the pressure is relieved, tighten the filler cap.
- Open the access door on the right side of the machine.
Illustration 3 g06018360
- Clean the area in order to keep dirt out of the filter base.
Note: Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "General Hazard Information" for information on containing fluid spillage.
- Remove the used pilot filter element from the filter base.
Note: Used filters should always be disposed of according to local regulations.
- Clean the filter base.
Illustration 4 g00101502
- Coat the seal of a new pilot filter with clean hydraulic oil.
- Install the new oil filter by hand.
Instructions for the installation of the filter are printed on the side of each Cat spin-on filter. For filters that are not Cat branded, refer to the installation instructions that are provided by the supplier of the filter.
- Check the hydraulic oil level.
Reference: For the correct procedure, refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Hydraulic System Oil Level - Check".
- Close the access door.