The engine start switch must be in the ON position and the engine must be running in order to maintain electrical functions and hydraulic functions. This procedure must be followed in order to prevent serious machine damage.
- Turn the battery disconnect switch to the ON position.
- Make sure that the reset button for the circuit breaker remains depressed. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Circuit Breakers - Reset".
Illustration 2 g00811229
- Move the hydraulic lockout control to the LOCKED position.
This machine is equipped with an engine neutral start system. The system only allows the engine to start when the hydraulic lockout control is in the LOCKED position.
- Move the joysticks to the HOLD position.
Illustration 3 g00682776 (1) Engine start switch
(2) Engine speed dial
- Turn engine start switch (1) to the ON position.
- The monitoring system starts.
Note: For more information on the monitoring system, refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Monitoring System".
Illustration 4 g00682819
- If the engine start switch is held in the ON position for two seconds or more, the prestart check of the monitoring system will be activated. If any fluid levels are low, the low fluid level will be shown on message display (3). Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Monitoring System" for more information on the prestart monitoring function.
If the fluid level is too low, add the corresponding fluid to the specified level. Add the fluid before you start the engine.
- Before you start the engine, check for the presence of bystanders or maintenance personnel. Ensure that all personnel are clear of the machine. Briefly sound the horn before you start the engine.
Illustration 5 g00682776 (1) Engine start switch
(2) Engine speed dial
- Turn engine speed dial (2) to medium speed position "5" or medium speed position "6".
Do not crank the engine for more than 30 seconds. If the engine does not start, allow the starter to cool for two minutes before cranking again. The engine start switch must be turned to the OFF position before trying to restart.
- Turn engine start switch (1) to the START position.
- Release the engine start switch key after the engine starts.
This machine's engine with standard specifications can start in areas that have temperatures as low as