- Park the machine on level ground. Lower the bucket to the ground so that the stick is vertical.
- Move the lever for the hydraulic lockout control to the UNLOCKED position.
- Turn the engine start switch to the ON position.
- Move the joysticks and the travel levers/pedals to the full stroke positions in order to relieve the pressure in the pilot lines.
- Turn the engine start switch to the OFF position and return the lever for the hydraulic lockout control to the LOCKED position.
- Slowly loosen the fill/vent plug on top of the hydraulic tank in order to relieve the internal pressure of the hydraulic tank.
- After the pressure is relieved, tighten the fill/vent plug.
- Open the access door on the right side of the machine.
- Clean the area in order to keep dirt out of the filter base.
The case drain filter is located near the pilot oil filter.
- Remove the used case drain filter from the filter base.
Note: This element is a cartridge type filter. The element cannot be reused.
Note: Used filters should always be disposed of according to local regulations.
- Clean the filter base.
- Coat the seal of a new case drain filter with clean hydraulic oil. Install the new case drain filter in the filter base. Tighten the case drain filter hand tight.
- Start the engine and operate the machine slowly for 10 to 15 minutes. Move each cylinder evenly through several cycles.
- Return the machine to the position that is shown in Illustration 7. Check the machine for oil leaks.
- Stop the engine.
- Maintain the oil level in the low temperature range for a cold machine. Maintain the oil level in the high temperature range for a machine that is at a normal operating temperature.
(A) High temperature range
(B) Low temperature range
- Slowly loosen the fill/vent plug in order to relieve any pressure. Remove the fill/vent plug in order to add oil, if necessary.
- Clean the fill/vent plug. Install the fill/vent plug.
- Close the access door.