Hydraulic oil tank for 4CS1-147
Hydraulic oil tank for 4CS148-UP
The hydraulic tank is located in the center rear of the first level operator's platform. Sight gauge (2) and filler cap (1) are located behind the access door that leads to the hydraulic oil cooler. For more information, refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Access Doors and Covers".
- Park the machine on level ground. Place the machine in the servicing position. Stop the engine.
- Open the access door and check the oil level on sight gauge (2) .
For a cold machine, the hydraulic oil should completely fill the sight gauge. For a machine that is at normal operating temperature, the hydraulic oil should be above the "ADD" mark on the sight gauge.
Refer to Step 3 through Step 6 if the hydraulic oil level is low.
- Press button (3) on the hydraulic tank breaker relief valve in order to relieve the tank pressure before you remove filler cap (1). The relief valve is located next to the filler cap.
At operating temperature, the hydraulic tank is hot and under pressure.
Hot oil and components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
Before removing the filler cap, press the valve relief button on the hydraulic tank in order to relieve the tank pressure.
Remove the filler cap only when the engine is stopped and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand. Remove the filler cap slowly in order to relieve any remaining pressure.
- Remove filler cap (1) and add hydraulic oil into the filler tube.
Note: Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "General Hazard Information" for information on containing fluid spillage.
Never remove the hydraulic tank filler cap from the hydraulic tank if the oil is hot.
Air can enter the system which can cause pump damage.
- Check the O-ring seal of the filler cap. Replace the O-ring seal if the seal is damaged.
- Clean the filler cap and install the filler cap.