Hydraulic oil tank for 4CS1-147
Hydraulic oil tank for 4CS148-UP
The hydraulic tank is located in the center rear of the first level operator's platform. Sight gauge (2) and filler cap (1) are located behind the access door that leads to the hydraulic oil cooler. For more information, refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Access Doors and Covers".
- Operate the machine until the hydraulic oil is warm.
- Park the machine on level ground. Lower the bucket to the ground so that the stick is vertical. Stop the engine.
- Openthe access door and enter the left hand enclosure.
- Press button (3) on the breaker relief valve in order to relieve the tank pressure before you remove filler cap (1). The relief valve is located next to the filler cap.
At operating temperature, the hydraulic tank is hot and under pressure.
Hot oil and components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
Before removing the filler cap, press the valve relief button on the hydraulic tank in order to relieve the tank pressure.
Remove the filler cap only when the engine is stopped and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand. Remove the filler cap slowly in order to relieve any remaining pressure.
- Remove filler cap (1) .
Never remove the hydraulic tank filler cap from the hydraulic tank if the oil is hot.
Air can enter the system which can cause pump damage.
- Remove the filler strainer and clean the strainer. Install the strainer.
- Remove drain plug (4) that is located in the bottom of the hydraulic tank.
- Install a NPT pipe nipple that is 25 mm (1 inch) in diameter and 100 mm (4 inch) long in order to open the internal drain valve. Drain the oil into a suitable container.
Note: Tighten the NPT pipe nipple by hand. Do not use tools.
Note: Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "General Hazard Information" for information on containing fluid spillage.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide", for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids in AVSpare machines.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Remove the NPT pipe nipple. Install drain plug (4) .
- Change the hydraulic system filters. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Hydraulic System Oil Filter (Pilot) - Replace" for information on changing the hydraulic system filter.
- Fill the hydraulic system oil tank by adding oil through the filler tube. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Lubricant Viscosities" in order to determine the correct type of oil. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, " Capacities (Refill)" in order to determine the correct amount of oil.
- Check the O-ring seal of filler cap (1). Replace the O-ring seal if the seal is damaged.
- Clean the filler cap and install the filler cap.