Make sure that no personnel are on the machine or near the machine in order to prevent any personal injury. Keep the machine under control at all times in order to prevent injury.
If the boom is in the raised position and if the engine is stopped, refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Equipment Lowering with Engine Stopped" for the procedure to lower the boom.
Reduce the engine speed when you maneuver the machine in tight quarters and when you drive over an incline.
Select the necessary travel speed range before you drive downgrade. Do not change the speed range while you drive downhill.
Use the same travel speed on a downgrade and on an upgrade.
When you travel for any distance, keep the stick inward and carry the boom in a low position. A machine that is equipped with a blade should travel with the blade in the highest position.
When you travel on a steep grade, keep the work tool as close to the ground as possible on the downhill side of the machine.
When you travel on moderate uphill grades, keep the boom on the uphill side of the machine.
- Adjust the operator seat.
- Fasten the seat belt.
- Start the machine and refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Engine and Machine Warm-Up" for information about warming the engine and warming the hydraulic oil.
- Raise the boom enough in order to provide sufficient ground clearance.
- Select the desired travel speed by operating the travel speed control switch.
- Make sure that the position of the upper structure and of the undercarriage is known before you move the machine. The dozer blade should be in front of the machine.
Note: The travel levers will operate normally if the dozer blade is in front of the machine. The travel levers will operate backward if the dozer blade is behind the machine.
- Rotate the engine speed dial clockwise in order to increase the engine speed to the desired speed.
- Push both travel levers forward at the same time in order to travel forward. If both travel levers are pushed farther, the travel speed at the selected engine speed will be faster.
Note: If the machine does not operate or if the machine does not travel in a straight line, consult your AVSpare dealer.
- See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Travel Control" for information about spot turning and about pivot turns.
- When you make turns in soft material, travel in a forward direction occasionally in order to clear the tracks.
- Slowly move both of the travel levers to the center position in order to stop the machine.