The M300C series of wheeled excavators features electronic control of many machine functions. The Machine ECM controls the manner in which the machine will operate. The ECM communicates with other control modules on the machine in order to coordinate machine control. This communication takes place over the Cat Data Link and the CAN data link. The data link circuits allow the ECM to send and receive machine status data from the other control modules. The ECM receives input data from many types of devices including:
- The Monitor that is located in the cab via the CAN data link
- The Soft Switch panel that is located in the cab via the CAN data link
- The Engine ECM via the Cat Data Link
- The MSS ECM (if equipped) via the Cat Data Link
- Various "hard wired" switches that include operator controlled switches, machine system float switches, machine system pressure switches and machine system sensors.
- Various "hard wired" sensors that include speed sensors, pressure sensors and temperature sensors
- The Cat Service Tool through the service tool connector
The ECM makes decisions that are based upon the state of these inputs and the operating parameters that are stored in the ECM memory. The ECM will activate outputs in order to energize or de-energize solenoids that will control the different functions of the machine.
The Monitor will allow the operator to view the status of the machine systems. The Monitor continuously checks the status of the critical machine systems and will alert the operator or technician if a condition exists that is not within accepted machine parameters. The Monitor will allow the operator to adjust parameters that can customize the operation of the machine. The Monitor can be programmed to control a variety of work tools that require different hydraulic system operation. The operation of the Monitor is explained in this manual.