The AVSpare Electronic Technician (ET)
The AVSpare Electronic Technician (ET) is a software program that is used to access data. The service technician can use the AVSpare Electronic Technician in order to perform maintenance work on the machine. Some of the options that are available with the AVSpare Electronic Technician are listed below:
- View Diagnostic codes. See Troubleshooting, "Using the AVSpare Electronic Technician to Determine Diagnostic Codes".
- View the status of parameters.
- Clear active diagnostic codes and clear logged diagnostic codes
- Perform calibration of machine systems.
- Program the ECM (Flash). This is done with the "WINflash" program. See Testing and Adjusting, "Electronic Control Module (ECM) - Flash Program".
- Print reports.
Note: Active diagnostic codes cannot be cleared on the 5110B. Only inactive logged codes can be cleared on the 5110B.
The following list contains some of the diagnostic functions and programming functions that are performed by the service tools.
- The failures of the ECM system are displayed.
- The status of most of the inputs and the outputs are displayed.
- The settings for the ECM are displayed.
- Display the status of the input and output parameters in real time.
- Display the clock hour of the internal diagnostic clock.
- The number of occurrences and the clock hour of the first occurrence and the last occurrence is displayed for each logged diagnostic code.
- The definition for each logged diagnostic code and each event is displayed.
- Load new FLASH software.
See Troubleshooting, "Diagnostic Code List" for the list of diagnostic codes for the ECM.
See Troubleshooting, "Using the AVSpare Electronic Technician to Determine Diagnostic Codes". Diagnostic information is accessed with the following drop down menus:
- Active diagnostic codes
- Logged diagnostic codes
Status Groups For The Electronic Technician
The Status groups are lists of machine parameters. The status of the parameters are shown in real time.
Typical ET Status Screen